Saturday, June 16, 2012

Beach

This past week, we spent our first extended period of time away from Judson. We went to Siesta Key in Sarasota, FL. My favorite beach! The sand feels and looks like powdered sugar, and the water is oh, so blue. It was definitely bittersweet to be away from our boy. The first night, we ate at our favorite pizza place and I saw a family with a one year old boy. I couldn't help but tear up a bit, but I wasn't sad or depressed, or even wishing I was back at home. It was more so tears of joy. I was filled with happiness over the fact that I have been able to experience a love that is so profound, and unlike anything I have ever felt before. A love that can only come with having a child. 

We spent our days at the beach with our brimmed hats, sunglasses on and books in hand and went out to dinner every night. That pretty much sums up our trip. It was so relaxing! Hence, the lack of pictures.  Also, it was so much fun to have our good friends, Hillary and Elliott with us. We like them a lot.

We look forward to spending more summer to come at Siesta Key!










No comments:

Post a Comment